Built in 1866 as a 15–room, 10,000 square–foot private residence, the historic structure was one of the 40 stately homes that made up “Millionaires’ Row” along Cleveland’s Euclid Avenue. A $10 million renovation in 2005 restored the historic mansion to its former glory.
The space is 66,000 square–feet with offices, four conference rooms, a library, ballroom, dining rooms, a pub and game room, making it more conducive to hosting corporate and private events.
The Stager/Beckwith Mansion is located on what was once called Millionaire’s Row, a stretch of lavish estates along Cleveland’s Euclid Avenue. Built in 1866 as a 15–room, 10,000–square–foot private residence, the mansion was later transformed into one of the area’s most prestigious membership clubs, The University Club.
In late 2002, The Ferchill Group was approached about handling the acquisition, restoration and financing for a $10 million project.
Having no access to the building until the purchase was complete did not allow The Ferchill Group to conduct exploratory work. Despite this challenge, The Ferchill Group finished the project in only eight months. The aggressive timeline was required to accommodate scheduled community and business events. The restored building opened to the public in September 2004.
Serving as the location of many business and community events for decades, the latest project renovations and upgrades make the Stager/Beckwith building even more conducive to hosting corporate and private events. The building now offers over 66,000–square–feet of business–friendly space including four conference rooms, a library, ballroom, dining rooms, a pub and game room.
The Ferchill Group put together a financing package which included $5 million in Empowerment Zone funds, $1 million in historic tax credits and $3.4 million conservation easement equity.
|Owner’s Rep:||MCM Company, Inc.|
|Architect:||Sandvick Architects, Cleveland|
|Amenities:||University offices and classrooms, four conference rooms, library, ballroom, dining rooms, sunrooms|